So, one of the areas that I struggled with the most while I was running was the balance of the right kind of fuel to put in my body to keep my energy level up and burn up those calories instead of letting them develop into those unfortunately named "love handles"
One of the wonderful added bonus features on theTeam BeachBody website, once you become a member, is the meal planner. What I love about this is how it solves the old age question that is asked almost daily in my home: What's for supper. OY! If I hear that one more time, I think I'm liable to run from the house with my arms flying above my head screaming "NO MORE" at the top of my lungs. I wanted someone to point me in the right direction to make GOOD nutritious meals that my family would eat and that *I* (that being the operative word) wouldn't gain massive amounts of weight while consuming.
So here's some of the incredible meal selections that I've been trying lately for dinner:
- 2 teaspoons bread crumbs, plain
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces turkey cutlet, raw
- 1 tablespoon liquid-egg substitute
- 1 1/4 teaspoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Mix breadcrumbs with parsley, oregano, pepper and cheese. Place bread crumb mixture on a plate. Dip both sides of turkey into egg substitute and press into the bread crumb mixture to coat. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet and cook 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- We had this with an awesome Beet Salad and Sweet Pototaes.
- Another great meal is the Orange Glazed Chicken:
- 4 1/2 ounces chicken breast, boneless/skinless, raw
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon jam, orange marmalade, low sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- Place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/2-inch thickness. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil about 5 minutes or until brown on one side; turn chicken. Stir in remaining ingredients; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is thickened and chicken is no longer pink inside. Cut chicken into thin slices and spoon sauce over top.
- I had this with Garlic potatos and Spinach Greens with fresh tomatos
- My meals have gotten rich in nutrients and made with less fat. Everytime I go to put something in my mouth, I think a little harder about the effort it will take to "excersize" it off. If you are working hard at it with your fitness program, you know that this rings true. The harder you are working on burning the calories the pickier you become about the type of calories you are actually going to consume.
- So, let me know just say that I get these awesome meal planners and I can change things around according to my taste preferences and I can really customize it. I am finding that I'm REALLY loving the options and the variety AND.... I don't feel like anything that is suggested isn't something I have any problems eating INSTEAD of the potato chips or the ice cream. In some cases, the lightness of the food has a way of making me feel satisfied without the after feeling of regret.
- I will talk more about food later on but for now, I'm off to do P90X Cardio
- I am going to talk a little about how I'm going to manage my exercise while I'm on a trip I"m taking in 2 days. More on that tomorrow.
- For now...
- tell me how you are doing on your efforts to get a better body?